Coffee is a favorite drink for many people. Most people will drink a cup of coffee when they are free, or when they are sleepy and lacking energy, because coffee has a refreshing effect. Although coffee can refresh the mind, it also has its disadvantages. Let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of drinking coffee.
Benefits of Drinking Coffee
1. Coffee contains certain nutrients. The niacin in coffee contains B vitamins, which are higher in roasted coffee beans. And there are free fatty acids, caffeine, tannic acids and so on.
2. Coffee is good for the skin. Coffee can promote metabolic function, activate digestive organs, and have a great effect on constipation. Bathing with coffee powder is a warming therapy and has the effect of losing weight.
3. Coffee has the function of hangover. Drinking coffee after drinking will quickly oxidize the acetaldehyde converted from alcohol, decompose it into water and carbon dioxide and excrete it from the body.
4. Coffee can eliminate fatigue. To eliminate fatigue, it is necessary to supplement nutrition, rest and sleep, and promote metabolic functions, and coffee has these functions.
5. Three cups of coffee a day can prevent gallstones. For caffeinated coffee, it can stimulate the contraction of the gallbladder and reduce the cholesterol in the bile that is easy to form gallstones. The latest Harvard University researchers found that men who drink two to three cups of coffee a day have a lower than 40% chance of developing gallstones .
6. Drinking coffee regularly can prevent radiation damage. Radiation damage, especially the radiation of electrical appliances, has become a more prominent pollution at present. Indian Baba atomic researchers reached this conclusion in a mouse experiment and said that it can be applied to humans.
7. The health and medical functions of coffee. Coffee has the functions of anti-oxidation and heart protection, strengthening muscles and bones, benefiting waist and knees, appetizing, reducing cellulite and eliminating accumulation of food, promoting blood circulation, relieving spasm, etc.
8. The influence of coffee on mood. Experiments have shown that 300 mg of caffeine a day (about 3 cups of brewed coffee), which has a good effect on a person’s alertness and mood.
1. Make trouble when you’re nervous. Caffeine helps improve alertness, agility, memory and concentration. But drinking more coffee than you’re accustomed to, can produce a stimulant similar to eating the same dose of stimulant, which can cause jitters. For people prone to anxiety disorders, caffeine can worsen symptoms such as sweaty palms, heart palpitations, and ringing in the ears.
2. Exacerbating high blood pressure. Because of its pain-relieving effect, caffeine is often compounded with other simple pain relievers. However, if you take a lot of it for a long time, if you already have high blood pressure, using a lot of caffeine will only make your situation worse. Because caffeine alone can increase blood pressure, if coupled with emotional stress, it will have a dangerous multiplier effect. Therefore, people at risk of high blood pressure should especially avoid drinking caffeinated beverages when they are stressed at work. Some people who drink coffee all the time think they are immune to the effects of caffeine, but this is not the case. One study showed that after drinking a cup of coffee, blood pressure can rise for up to 12 hours.
3. Induce osteoporosis. Caffeine itself has a good diuretic effect. If you drink a lot of coffee for a long time, it is easy to cause bone loss, which will have an adverse effect on the preservation of bone mass. For women, it may increase the threat of osteoporosis. But the premise is that people who usually lack enough calcium in their food, or people who don’t move often, and women after menopause, lose calcium due to lack of estrogen, all of which are combined with a lot of caffeine, may pose a threat to the bone.
From the point of the advantages and disadvantages of coffee, the advantages of drinking coffee far outweigh the disadvantages. Then we can’t avoid drinking some coffee properly to protect us and our health, but the premise is to drink it properly.